Sadhya Recipes is a collection of 19 recipes that can be made for onam sadya. Sadya lunch is basically a vegetarian huge spread popular in Kerala that is served during festivals, religious occasions and weddings. Sadhya Lunch Menu – Onam Sadhya Recipes well-constructed guide for full preparation with step by step instructions and video.
Sadhya Recipes Full Preparation with step by step pictures and video. Kerala Sadhya Lunch menu full preparation with video. Kerala Sadhya Recipes are not made for Onam but plane for small family functions, gettogethers or parties or any occassions.
Last year I posted the full Onam Sadhya Menu.As I am once worn-out cooking,clicking for festivals from august,I thought will skip sadya lunch this year only then I remembered last year he enjoyed the sadhya and asked if I could make it often,which is very rare in his specimen so felt unswayable to make it this time too.I first quickly planned the menu,listed lanugo the items and gave him,he promptly bought all the items.
This year I was not at all tensed as most of the items are familiar to me now so I understand it all comes by practise.I just made the pickles and boiled few veggies the previous day, then everything else I did on the serving day itself.The menu may squint complicated but its easy only.
Thanks to hubby who took pains to get me all the ingredients,especially the comic leaf. He went twice and spent so much time to select one comic leaf as per my requirements. He skipped the Hotel Residency treat with his office colleagues just to have this sadya, felt really happy and content without serving and seeing the reaction on his squatter while eating. And as usual I settled with only my favs.
More Sadhya Recipes
- Onam Sadhya | Onam Sadya Recipes
- Ada Pradhaman | Ada Payasam
- Beans Thoran
- Thenga Chammanthi
- Carrot Mezhukkupuratti
- Avial Recipe | Avial
- Kadala Mezhukkupuratti
- Cucumber Pachadi | Vellarikka Pachadi
- Matta Rice Paal Payasam
- Upperi | Sharkara Upperi
- Inji Thayir | Inji Thayir Pachadi
- Mathanga Erissery | Pumpkin Erissery
Onam sadya Recipes – Kerala Lunch Menu
This year I bought uperi vacated from outside.It took me 2 days in total including planning for the menu, ownership groceries,vegetables and cooking the sadya.
All cooked and ready to serve in the comic leaf.
Sadhya Recipes Planning
- Day 1 â€“ Planning the menu, Shopping for groceries and vegetables required.I made pickles.Soaked the pulses early morning.Later evening grated coconut, boiled and kept the vegetables ready.I boiled the vegetables, cooled it completely then stored in dabbas and refrigerated it.
- Day 2 â€“ Cooked the sadya menu and clicked.
Day 1 :
- If you can you can go in person to get the ingredients else send someone with a proper detailed list as I did ????
- Morning I soaked the pulses then finished the pickles.
- Took a quick nap then started virtually 4 PM in the evening started to chop and swash the vegetables.Use pressure cooker compartments if you have it.
- Except for ashgourd,vendakkai and beetroot I boiled all other vegetables.I grated beetroot and refrigerated it.
- Set whispered to tomfool the boiled vegetables completely then store in wipe containers, label them and refrigerate it.
- First take bath, chose to have a simple but filling breakfast which will alimony you energised till you finish cooking the sadya.
- The first thing I did was to grind coconut untried chillies and cumin together in zillion as most dishes had the same base.
- I started with Parippu Curry,Sambar,Rasam.Then came to the veggie sidedishes, as most of my veggies were cooked my work got easier.
- While the veggies were cooking, I kept the rice as matta rice takes longer to cook.By now you would have got an hold and everything will fall in place.Initially it will squint like its picking up slow but when you come to the veggies part, it will get over soon.
- Finally came to the payasam part.At the time of serving fried the papads.
And it took me virtually 30 mins to serve the sadya in the comic leaf, navigate trammels whether I have missed out anything then start with the photoshoot.
I just cooked for 2 which was sufficient for 4 of us to have a well-constructed lunch and moreover had little leftover which I kept for the next day too.Remember the spread is wide, so plan for a smaller quantity while cooking.