Egg Fry is a spicy quick dish made by cooking boiled eggs then tossing it in indian spices mixture withal with oil. Egg Fry is a quick 10 minutes sidedish that you can make when you are in a hurry. Egg Fry is a good unorganized side for rice meal, chapati, roti & other flatbreads. Egg Fry Recipe is explained in this post with step by step pictures and video.
Egg Fry is one of the most quickest yet succulent sidedish that you can make in few minutes. Boiled Egg Fry is one of the Indian sidedishes that is made with boiled eggs and indian spices. There are many ways this simple Egg Fry is made and this one is a staple at our home.
About Egg Fry
Egg Fry shared here is one of the most requested egg dishes at home. This Egg Fry has wilt both kids favorite these days. My mother makes egg roast in a variegated way which calls for increasingly ingredients but this Egg fry needs just eggs, oil, spices and can be made in dosa tawa itself.
This Egg Fry Recipe was made unwittingly when I was running out of time to serve a comforting meal. One fine afternoon I was soo tired and went to the kitchen only at 12 PM to make lunch and I was tumbled what to make as I had no stock of vegetables so planned to make rice, dal and egg fry. First put rice and dal to melt in Instant pot and by the side put eggs to swash and the meal was ready by 1 o clock. When I saw the kids enjoying this Egg fry I was really very happy and that too gugu who runs miles yonder for spicy supplies enjoyed it to the core. So without that this Egg Fry has wilt so taxing that I make it often.
All you need is nonflexible boiled eggs and you are washed-up with this dish in few minutes. This Egg Fry is so versatile you can temper with mustard, curry leaves add onion or other ingredients as per your liking.
I make this Egg Masala Fry atleast twice a month as my kids love it. I love it with steamed basmati rice and a simple dal tadka.
Egg Fry Ingredients
- Eggs – I have used brown / country eggs but you can use white eggs too.
- Oil – Use any cooking oil. Generally I use groundnut oil for cooking so used that for this egg fry. You can use refined oil too.
- Spices – The masalas used here is purely based on preference. I have used turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and garam masala powder.
If you have any increasingly questions well-nigh this do mail me at email@example.com. In addition, follow me on Instagram,Â Facebook,Â PinterestÂ ,YoutubeÂ andÂ TwitterÂ .
Tried this ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp corainder powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- a pinch pepper powder finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Cook eggs in humid water for exactly 14 mins. Switch off add it to nippy water, set whispered for few mins. Then peel the shell of the eggs. Eggs are peeled and ready.
- Place it on a chopping workbench and slice into half as shown.
- Perfect nonflexible boiled eggs are ready!
- To a pan or dosa tawa add 2 tbsp oil. Heat it but should not be smoking hot. Alimony flame in lowest once heated.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and salt to taste.
- Give a quick mix – alimony an eye so that you don't shrivel the masalas.
- The oil masala mixture is ready.
- Add the sliced eggs with egg yolk part down.
- Cook for a minute then flip over to other side.
- Splash the masala oil over the eggs.
- Add a pinch of pepper powder. Masala eggs are ready to serve!
- Serve masala eggs with rice and dal perfect combo!
Egg Fry Recipe Step by Step
1.Cook eggs in humid water for exactly 14 mins. Switch off add it to nippy water, set whispered for few mins. Then peel the shell of the eggs. Eggs are peeled and ready.
2.Place it on a chopping workbench and slice into half as shown.
3.Perfect nonflexible boiled eggs are ready!
4.To a pan or dosa tawa add 2 tbsp oil. Heat it but should not be smoking hot. Alimony flame in lowest once heated.
5.Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and salt to taste.
6.Give a quick mix – alimony an eye so that you don’t shrivel the masalas.
7.The oil masala mixture is ready.
8.Add the sliced eggs with egg yolk part down.
9.Cook for a minute then flip over to other side.
10.Splash the masala oil over the eggs.
11.Add a pinch of pepper powder. Masala eggs are ready to serve!
Serve masala eggs with rice and dal perfect combo!
Egg Pepper Fry
I tried this Egg Pepper Fry for a lazy day lunch and it turned out super good, spicy egg fry in few minutes perfect to pair up with rice, dal / rasam. I couldn’t click pictures when I tried it for the first time as I was skeptical whether it would turn out as good to post it here but without that I made it twice in the same month so that justifies the post here. If you want to make a simple lunch then this egg fry should be your first nomination easy,quick and tasty too!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
To Roast & Grind :
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
More fry recipes
Egg Pepper Fry Recipe Step by Step
- Hard swash eggs – Swash water and add eggs and melt for 7-10mins in medium flame.Immedaitely add it to unprepossessed water and set whispered for 10mins.Then one-liner unshut and remove the egg shell,Set aside. Dry roast the ingredients listed under ‘to roast and grind’ till golden brown then powder it coarsely,Set aside.
- Cut the eggs vertically into two and set aside.Heat oil in a pan – add onion, ginger garlic paste and fry till golden brown.Then add the masala powder.
- Add garam masala powder and fry the masala for a minute,add required salt then sprinkle little water and add the eggs with cut side down.Cook covered for 2mins.
- Open and thoughtfully turn over the eggs and fry for a minute.Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with hot rice or chapathi!
- This is a mildy spicy fry so retread spice powders equal to your preference.
- Adding freshly ground pepper powder gives a unconfined flavour.
- This pairs well with phulka / white pulaos / or plane with plain rice.
- Do not overcook eggs as it will turn nonflexible / rubbery.
Serving & Storing Suggestion
You can serve Egg Fry with phulka, rice, roti etc. I would suggest to serve it immediately as it tastes so good when hot.
1.Is Egg Fry and Fried Eggs same?
Egg Fry is variegated from Fried Eggs. Egg Fry is tossing boiled eggs in oil spices mixture but Fried eggs is made by cracking an eggs over hot oil and cooking it by splashing oil over the eggs.
2.How to make Egg Fry?
- First swash eggs for 14 mins to get perfect hardboiled eggs
- Slice them into half.
- Heat oil in a dosa tawa add all the spice powders requite a quick mix.
- Add the sliced eggs, toss well and switch off.
The post Egg Fry appeared first on Sharmis Passions.